Our current job opportunities are listed below or candidates can visit our WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR page for a list of key skill sets that are most sought-after by our clients.
COMMISSIONING SUPPORT OPERATOR / PERMIT WRITER
The Commissioning Support Operator will provide a hands-on active role in the control of field work hazards during post construction completion pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of new equipment and process systems.
The Commissioning Support Operator will initially work a day-shift schedule that may transition onto a 12-hour, rotating, day/night schedule during the commissioning and start-up phase.
Permit Writer position(s) are required for the following units:
- Utilities/Wastewater/Sulphur Units
- Crude and vacuum Unit
- LC Finer Unit
- Hydroprocessing/Light Ends Unit
- Gasification Unit
- Issue work permits to maintenance craft and facilities contractors for piping & equipment repairs and alterations ensuring work is safe to commence;
- Responsible to identify all operational preparations (e.g. isolations) required prior to work commencing;
- Ensure Work Permits are clearly reflective of what precautions needed to be taken during the work, including use of safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Ensure the Permit Requestors work package is complete with required supporting information to safety execute work;
- Supports CSU field commissioning activities;
- Plays an active role in the commissioning and start-up of new equipment and process system (when deemed qualified);
- Collaborates with other Team Members, providing input into the development of a comprehensive, commissioning and start-up plan;
- Support the auditing and monitoring of safe work rules and standards at a Unit/field level;
- Maintain daily shift permit logs and perform proper shift handover as required;
- Maintain, file, and stores hard copy materials as per client procedures;
- Attends monthly safety meetings for Unit assigned to
- Make recommendations to improve the reliability, safety and quality of plant operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as Commissioning Support Operator
- Permit writing experience in one or more of the above specified units
- Previous experience in Refinery/Upgrader pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities;
- Willing to be trained, understand, and follow client's Safe Work Rules and Standards applicable to the job
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule including nights, weekends, holidays;
- Able to climb ladders and stairs;
- Willing to work outdoors in inclement weather;
- Effective communicator verbally and written;
- Must possess a valid driver's licence (abstract of driving record required).
- Safety Commitment
- Start Date: June - July 2017
- Contract Length: to October 31, 2017 with possibility of extension
- Candidates local to the Edmonton/Fort Saskatchewan area preferred (no living or travel allowances will be provided)